About Me

Marc Sims Host Just A Few Questions Marc Sims was born, raised, and resides in the city of Chicago Illinois. https://anchor.fm/marc-sims marcsimschicago@gmail.com

Thursday, August 25, 2011

What Would Dr. King's Dream Be Today?



What Would Dr. King's Dream Be Today?


I have a dream today!

That one day soon we can end the crime, violence, and hopeless that plagues low income African American neighborhoods.

I have a dream that one day African American leaders, preachers, politicians, and community organizers will rise up and focus on restoring the African American family.

We all know the problems and the solutions, we just need the faith of a mustard seed to make the dream a reality.

I have a dream today!


I have a dream that one day all African American children will a strong male influence in their life.

I have a dream today, that all of our children from poor and working class families grow up in homes where wholesome values are instilled.

I have a dream that one day every African American boy and girl will have many wholesome male influences in their life.

I have a dream that one day that every African American child will be raised in a clean and safe neighborhood with excellent schools.

I have a dream!

Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day soon, and very soon, we will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual:
Free at last! Free at last! All African American children are free at last!



Marc Sims
marcsimschicago@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment